How Does Laser Work?
The cold laser uses a beam of light to deeply penetrate tissue without damaging it. The laser light is delivered through a non-invasive wand to treat tissue in the affected area. Laser energy induces a biological response in the cells called“photo-bio-modulation”, which leads to reduced pain, reduced inflammation, and decreased healing time. Laser Therapy is scientifically proven to be successful in treating post-surgical pain and many acute and chronic conditions. Most treatments take a matter of minutes. Your pet may feel a gentle and soothing warmth.
- Inflammation, swelling, edema
- Tooth extraction pain relief
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Post-surgical healing and pain relief
- Degenerative joint disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Periodontal disease
- Lick granulomas
- Geriatric care
- Hip dysplasia
- Feline acne
June Hacker-Traiger, VMD, CCRP (Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner