Consider What Medical Insurance For Pets Is
What Medical Insurance for Pets Is
- It's coverage for the unexpected - like accidents and illnesses. These expenses can be costly, making them difficult to budget for.
What It IS NOT
- It's not an investment or savings plan. Often, it doesn't cover expected costs - like vaccines and parasite protection.
Why Planning Matters
- You can't buy insurance in the moment you need it most.
Consider The Lifetime Care Of A Pet
Though we don't like to think about it, most pets get hurt or sick at some point in their lives.
Common Health Problems
- Dogs: Vomiting and diarrhea, rupture of cranial cruciate ligament, lameness and limping
- Cats: Kidney Disease, Lymphoma, urinary tract infection
Consider The Cost
- The monthly cost - your premium - will vary depending on a number of factors, including your pet's age, breed, and where you live.
- Your plan may include a deductible - the portion of the bill you are responsible for before your provider will start payment.
Consider The Coverage
- The period of time immediately following enrollment before full coverage begins. Illnesses or injuries that occur during the waiting period are not covered. Waiting periods can be waived with Trupanion's Exam Day Offer.
- Any illness or injury that displayed signs or evidence before coverage began. Conditions that occur before enrollment are not covered.