ORADELL ANIMAL HOSPITAL IS OPEN 24/7 DURING THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS FOR URGENT AND EMERGENT CARE
March 19th, 2020 updated 3/30/20
As COVID-19 continues to impact our community and beyond we want to assure pet parents that Oradell Animal Hospital remains open and we will continue to provide essential 24 hour veterinary care. We are taking all the necessary precautions to maintain the health and safety of our dedicated team, patients and the community – and with that comes some significant changes to our normal routine. Moving forward we are restricting access into all entrances of our hospital. Emergencies, drop offs, scheduled appointments, discharges and Rx pick-ups must be coordinated by phone from our parking lot.
Curbside Check-In Protocol
When you arrive in our parking lot pull into a spot and remain in your vehicle.
Please call us at 201-262-0010 ext. 294 or 118 and a member of our team will instruct you how to proceed.
Safeguards in Place
- If you are dropping your pet off we will meet you near your car and bring your pet into the building.
- All doctor communication will take place over the phone – including physical exam findings, diagnostics, and treatment recommendations.
- Following examination, +/- treatment, your pet will be safely returned to you with any medications prescribed, as well as an itemized receipt.
- We are currently accepting online payment and payment over the phone with a credit or debit card. Click here to pay your bill online.
- Hospital visitation is limited to critically ill patients, on a case-by-case basis, and we are only allowing one, asymptomatic person to accompany their pet in the hospital.
Please note all elective surgeries and wellness visits will be postponed until further notice.
Clients who are currently ill (coughing, running a fever, experiencing shortness of breath), have been exposed to COVID-19, or have traveled outside of the country in the past 2 weeks are kindly being asked to postpone any routine visits and procedures on their pets until further notice
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for your patience and support as we navigate this crisis – and for helping us keep each other safe!.
For Prescription & Diet Refills
We strongly encourage pet parents to use our online pharmacy to for delivery directly to your home. If you are picking up a prescription please contact our pharmacy directly at 201-560-2967.
What else should pet parents know?
There is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets can become ill with COVID-19, or that they can spread it to other animals or to people. Out of an abundance of caution, the CDC does recommend that if you are ill with COVID-19, you should limit contact with your pets. If possible, have someone else take over the routine care of your pet while you are sick. If this is not possible, wash your hands and wear a facemask while walking and feeding your pet, and avoid hugging, kissing, petting or sharing food with your pet.