March 19th, 2020 updated 6/24/20
As an essential business, Oradell Animal Hospital remains open and we are committed to providing 24 hour veterinary care. We are taking all the necessary precautions to maintain the health and safety of our dedicated team, patients and the community – and with that comes some significant changes to our normal routine. At this time only staff members are permitted to enter the hospital. Emergencies, drop offs, scheduled appointments, discharges and Rx pick-ups must be coordinated by phone from our parking lot. Additionally, we are asking you, our clients, for your own safety and the safety of our staff, to please wear a face covering whenever you are interacting with a member of our team. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We appreciate your patience and support as we navigate this outbreak.
EMERGENCIES: When you arrive in our parking lot please pull up along the sidewalk and call us at 201-262-0010 ext. 118 to let us know you are here. A triage technician will meet you near your car and bring your pet into the hospital.
APPOINTMENTS & PATIENT PICKUP: Please pull into a parking spot and call us at 201-262-0010 ext. 118 and a member of our team will instruct you how to proceed.
The Curbside Process
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times. We will always come to you.
- If you are dropping your pet off we will meet you near your car and bring your pet into the hospital. Cats must be in secure carriers.
- All doctor communication will take place over the phone – including physical exam findings, diagnostics, and treatment recommendations.
- Following examination, +/- treatment, your pet will be safely returned to you with any medications prescribed, as well as an itemized receipt.
- We are currently accepting online payment and payment over the phone with a credit or debit card. Click here to pay your bill online.
Additional Safeguards in Place
- Only authorized personnel are allowed into the building.
- We are asking you, our clients, for your own safety and the safety of our staff, to please wear a face covering whenever you are interacting with a member of our team.
- Hospital visitation is not permitted at this time.
- Staff members are required to wear face masks and appropriate PPE while in the hospital.
- We are frequently sanitizing and disinfecting all areas of the hospital, with special attention to high touch areas.
Clients who are currently ill (coughing, running a fever, experiencing shortness of breath), have been exposed to COVID-19 or tested positive are kindly being asked to visit another veterinary hospital or postpone any visits and procedures on their pets until further notice.
COVID-19 and Pets
You may have seen the recent news articles about two cats in New York who tested positive for COVID-19. The American Veterinary Medical Association stresses that so far, only a few pets around the world who have been exposed to the virus have tested positive. The two cats in New York had signs of a mild respiratory illness and are expected to make a full recovery. Currently we have no information that suggests that pets might be a source of infection for people with the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Instead, it appears that people are transmitting the virus to their pets.
Until more is known about this virus, if you are ill with COVID-19 you should restrict contact with pets and other animals, just as you would restrict your contact with other people. When possible, have another member of your household or business care for any animals, including pets while you are sick. If you have a service animal or you must care for your animals, including pets, wear a cloth face covering; don’t pet, share food, kiss, or hug them; and wash your hands before and after any contact with your pet, service animal, or other animals. You should not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people or pets in your home.
For Prescription & Diet Refills
We strongly encourage pet parents to use our online pharmacy for delivery directly to your home.